This newly re-published instructional manual written by world-renowned master penman Michael Sull, is reprinted in black-and-white. It consists of:
* Explanation about equipment and tools
* Letter-by-letter instruction for lowercase and capital letters in over seventy-five fully-illustrated pages.
* Informations about early penmanship in America, the advent of the steel pen, and the development of the Spencerian system of penmanship by Platt Rogers Spencer and the Palmer system of handwriting that followed.
* It also includes: Spencerian Script, Ornamental Penmanship, Signature-Writing, and Business Writing, as well as a number of novelty scripts.
* There is also a chapter on the Golden Age of Penmanship that presents the master penman of the past, starting with P.R. Spencer and his descendants and including a penman's hall of fame that includes Bloser, Luper, Madarasz, and Zaner.
Chapters: Penmanship in a New Land, Styles of Penmanship, Equipment and Tools, Technique, The Lowercase Letters, The Capital Letters, Signature Writing, The Golden Age of Ornamental Penmanship
Appendices: Patent for Mordan & Brockendon's Oblique Penholder Design, The Poetry of Platt Rogers Spencer, Frances B. Courtney's "Lessons in Dashy Writing"
Biographical Profiles: Paul H. O'Hara, Isaac Weldon Bullock, David P. Fairbanks, Michael Sull
Spencerian Script and Ornamental Penmanship, Volume One by Michael Sull.
Book Size: 21.59cm x 27.94cm. 218 page + three guideline sheets. Spiral-bound.